- BOOSTRIX is administered as a single 0.5-mL intramuscular injection into the deltoid muscle of the upper arm
- There are no data to support repeat administration of BOOSTRIX
- Five years should elapse between the last dose of the recommended series of Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Adsorbed (DTaP) and/or Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids Adsorbed For Adult Use (Td) vaccine and the administration of BOOSTRIX
BOOSTRIX is available in Tip-Lok® syringes"toolbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, width=400, height=400,top=50, left=50"1
- Single unit-dose prefilled for your convenience*
- Same cost per dose as vials
- Luer-Lok® adapter fits virtually any needle
- The tip caps of the prefilled syringes for BOOSTRIX contain natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions
BOOSTRIX comes with a 2D barcode
- 2D barcodes contain the vaccine name, manufacturer, National Drug Code (NDC) numbers, lot number, and expiration date
- With 2D barcodes, you can update your inventory management system, patient records, and vaccination reports automatically, reducing the need for manual data entry if you have the correct scanner, hardware, and software
Preparation for Administration"toolbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, width=400, height=400,top=50, left=50"1
- Shake vigorously to obtain a homogeneous, turbid, white suspension before administration. Do not use if resuspension does not occur with vigorous shaking. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. If either of these conditions exists, the vaccine should not be administered
- For the prefilled syringes, attach a sterile needle and administer intramuscularly
- For the vials, use a sterile needle and sterile syringe to withdraw the 0.5-mL dose and administer intramuscularly. Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is not necessary unless the needle has been damaged or contaminated. Use a separate sterile needle and syringe for each individual
- Do not administer this product intravenously, intradermally, or subcutaneously
CPT® code5 : 90715
- BOOSTRIX and Tip-Lok are registered trademarks of the GSK group of companies.
- Luer-Lok is a registered trademark of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.