DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- BREO should be administered as 1 inhalation once daily by the orally inhaled route only.
- BREO should be used at the same time every day. Do not use BREO more than 1 time every 24 hours.
- After inhalation, the patient should rinse his/her mouth with water without swallowing to help reduce the risk of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- More frequent administration or a greater number of inhalations (more than 1 inhalation daily) of the prescribed strength of BREO is not recommended as some patients are more likely to experience adverse effects with higher doses. Patients using BREO should not use additional LABA for any reason.
- The recommended starting dosage is BREO 100/25 or BREO 200/25 administered as 1 inhalation once daily. The maximum recommended dosage is 1 inhalation of BREO 200/25 once daily.
- The starting dosage is based on patients’ asthma severity. For patients previously treated with low- to mid-dose corticosteroid–containing treatment, BREO 100/25 should be considered. For patients previously treated with mid- to high-dose corticosteroid-containing treatment, BREO 200/25 should be considered.
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
Inhalation Powder. Inhaler containing 2 foil blister strips of powder formulation for oral inhalation. One strip contains fluticasone furoate 100 mcg or 200 mcg per blister and the other contains vilanterol 25 mcg per blister.